Tanjung Aru Beach
Located 5km south of Kota Kinabalu, Tanjung Aru Beach is particularly popular at
weekends. It is a place where one can relax with family and friends, as well as
enjoy the breezy atmosphere.
Take the buses with the sign 'Tanjung Aru Beach' from the bus terminal across from
the City Hall (DBKK) Building / State Library / Court House. Bus fare is RM$1.20
per person and takes about 20 mins.
- Jog or stroll along the stretch of sandy beach in the evenings.
- Enjoy the sunset and sea breeze.
- Dine at the various hawker stalls and open-air seafood restaurant, or quench your
thirst at the coconut stalls. Try out the pickled fruits and other local snacks
sold at the roadside facing the beach bus stop.
- Walk about the Tanjung Aru Beach Park (formerly known as the Prince Philip Park).
- Good play ground fro kids
Turn right once you exist Trekkers Lodge Kota Kinabalu building. The 1st street
you come to is Jalan Pantai. Jalan Gaya is the next street parallel to Jalan Pantai.